Esteem Counseling Services was birthed in the summer of 2021. After a lifetime of bearing the heart of a counselor and 6 years counseling at a local non-profit, I felt the calling to private practice. The name Esteem was chosen thoughtfully to highlight the regard I hold for each of my clients. Integrative in practice and Adlerian by foundation, I consider counseling a relationship between equals. I am honored to join in your life’s journey. May you Believe, Grow, and Flourish!
Esteem Counseling Services
Jan's Education & Credentials
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Colorado, a National Certified Counselor (Board Certified), and an Approved Clinical Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science, United States Air Force Academy
- Master of Arts in History, Northern Michigan University
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Colorado Christian University (CACREP)
- CCE Approved Clinical Supervisor Course, UNC Greensboro
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, IATP
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained & Experienced, Trauma Recovery/Humanitarian Assistance Programs
- Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Trained & Knowledgeable, Dr. Elaine Aron, Psychotherapy and the Highly Sensitive Person Course
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Levels 1 & 2 Trained & Experienced, The Gottman Institute
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals, PESI
- Healing Journey Class Facilitator Trained & Experienced, HHLM
- Formational Prayer Trained, Dr. Terry Wardle Healing Care Ministries & New Life Restoration
- And numerous additional self-study & continuing education courses